What if you can save time in the morning, save money and save yourself from headaches and frustrations?
By simplifying your wardrobe and cleaning up your closet, you won’t need to deal with decisions like: what am I going to wear today?
And since the past few years, this trend has been all over the internet from capsule wardrobes, project 333, the Kon Mari method, etc. They’re all good. It all depends on which one you like and fits you the best.
For me, I keep only the essentials: 3 t-shirts, 4 pairs of pants, 1 pair of boots, 1 pair of running shoes, etc. for the whole year. I’m not really into seasonal capsule wardrobe. Usually, after the year has passed, a few items would need to be replaced. And I always keep all my items under 100, which really includes everything wearable. And that’s it.
For jewelry, I only a few favourites so it wasn’t hard for me to choose.
It has been more than a year now and I’m really happy with the outcome. Everything is always organized and clean. No more clutter. And it’s so easy to pick an outfit which always looks good.
So how can we achieve that?
- Keep only your essentials and best items in terms of quality and comfort, give away or sell the rest of your clothes and accessories.
- Look for items that make you feel good and confident. This will also force you to be very picky when shopping.
- Choose your items carefully. Classics are classics for a reason. Keep in mind that most of your items have to match together. So if your style is more sober with neutrals colors, avoid a flashy pink sweatshirt.
- Be clear about your “rules” and goals. It will keep you from making “exceptions” and excuses. In my case, I like to keep an updated list of my stuff.
- Find what suits you best (no pun intended). There are so many methods, some more extreme than others. So don’t worry too much about getting it right. Do it step by step at your own pace.
Start simplifying your life.